First, let me explain in few words why I choose Sublime Text 3 over VSCode or PHPStorm. In the beginning, when I first started to code, my mentor was using Sublime Text 3. I just fell in love with the editor. Minimalistic and super fast. That’s all I need. If I’ll ever stop using Sublime, probably PHPStorm will be next but until then, I’m comfortable using Sublime and I don’t want to change that in the near future.
I was inspired by Taylor Otwell‘s setup and I am also using Inspired Github Color Scheme along with the Sublime Adaptive Theme and Operator Mono Book font.
Packages for PHP development that I use
- Extends the default autocomplete to find matches in all open files.
- By default Sublime only considers words found in the current file.
Bracket Highlighter matches a variety of brackets such as:
<tag></tag>, and even custom brackets.
A Sublime Text 3 plug-in to show information about files in a git repository:
- Gutter Icons indicating inserted, modified or deleted lines
- Diff Popup with details about modified lines
- Status Bar Text with information about file and repository
and provides some commands like:
- Goto Change to navigate between modified lines
- Copy from Commit to copy the original content from the commit
- Revert to Commit to revert a modified hunk to the original state in a commit
This package adds syntax definitions for the Laravel Blade engine.
This Sublime Text 3 Package provides cool stuff for PHP coding session.
PHP code scanner and analyzer for code intelligence within PHP projects.
A Sublime Text 2/3 plugin which provides project’s PHP classes browser.
Provides enhancements to the operations on Sidebar of Files and Folders for Sublime Text.
Tailwind CSS Autocomplete plugin for Tailwind CSS
These are the packages I use on a daily basis and I could not imagine having to program without them. I hope this list helps you complete your packages list and if you have any recommendations please leave a comment in the section below.Spread the word!